Tuesday 20 September 2011

Speed paint #9

Hi guys, here's Monday's sketch-ercise... Originally thought I was gonna end up with some sort of misty lake-type scene but then my hand did this... There's an awesome vid of American painter/ illustrator George Pratt where he explains, "if I just dive in & let the line- let the drawing tell me where it needs to go, I'm open to more happy accidents... trust your instincts"... I try to take this on board as much as I can these days... George is an amazing talent; he gives great advice & is also a real nice guy- check out some of his online video workshops if you get a chance [definitely worth it].
Click image to view in correct size























-M-

2 comments:

complex_simplicity said...

I really like this. It reminds me of a picture that i took in Montpellier last year. I didnt know know what to do with the post production but after seeing this i might try and use the mood and tones you have used and see how it looks.

Thanks

C_S

-MaX- said...

Thanks B!
Sounds interesting; glad this study was able to spark up some ideas for you. Look forward to seeing what you come up with & I'm liking your shots so far. Keep it up.

-M-