Monday 19 September 2011

'The Jewel & the Thief'

Okay, I finally finished off this piece from a few weeks back [here's the original post I made]... Having now properly attempted this process of working monochromatically [to begin with] for the first time, I have to say I really do appreciate the method; definitely does help with locking down tonal values early on, without having 'colour palette' decisions as added equations for your brain to calculate... just helps to break up the process. All in all, it's a great way of speeding up your workflow if you're on a tight deadline or just generally... Bellow is the finished piece & a slideshow of the key stages I went through to completion... I did want to place the images here, but because of how sporadic blogger always seems to place 'side by side' pics, I opted for slides. If you have any idea how to get around this, please... enlighten me ; )

'The Jewel & The Thief' ©Maxwell. A. Oginni 2011
My mood board.

-M-

No comments: