Wednesday 1 June 2011

... Morlocks!!!

 Hello all!

So I was watching the 1960 classic adaptation of H.G Wells' 'The Time Machine' [directed by George Pal] a couple months back; it had been a while since I last saw it but totally fell in love with it again! There's just a real charm to these classic films & the way they were made back then; everything from the well thought out dialogue/ acting, fantastic costumes, amazing set designs, to the various colour process' they were shot in [specifically during the 1950's to 60's], they're just great to watch no matter what mood you're in... Also looking at the SFX in this film, [to me] they still look great- in that sort of 'hand crafted' kind of way.






Soooo, since the first painting I did was thankfully well received, I'm that much more convinced to continue down this Vintage Poster Art Venture. As you've now guessed my next piece will be in homage to this awesome movie but more specifically this cheerful bunch otherwise known as...

<<<------The Morlocks!



























Stay tuned!

-M-

No comments: