Friday 7 May 2010

Tag! You're IT!!!













Talented Animator/ illustrator/ musician & all round cool guy Christen Bach who I had the pleasure of connecting with through the Berlin Pictoplasma Festival was kind enough to invite myself & co-director Ewen Stenhouse to take part in his 'Animation Tag Attack'. [similar to the 'psst pass it on' collaborative film project]:

"Each participant gets 4 weeks to produce between 5 and xx seconds of film. When the time is up, the clip gets uploaded to the blog and the next one in line takes over. It is up to each individual creator to pick the style and media they want to work in - and to decide how they think the story should evolve."

He's hyped us up quite a bit, which I guess can only be a good thing right?.....[gulp]..... NO PRESSURE! I'd always wanted to take part or set something like this up but the opportunity never really presented itself. Just think it's a great way of exercising creativity, a good means of improving narrative skills & collaborating with other filmmakers. Once all the films are pieced together the end result can never really be bad I think; it's just interesting to see how each story fuses with the next.

It's kicked off to an interesting start with some pretty cool pieces, all using different techniques. Love the hands on the character of EP_03 in the close up shot & Christen's piece [EP_01] I'm still trying to figure out how he got that look... cool stuff! I'm actually up now after this piece by Oren Mashkovski.



..... LET'S GO!

2 comments:

Adam Temple said...

Lol, yeah man! That first film had a crazy look! I wish you the best of times with your green bottle. Kill it!

-MaX- said...

Crazy right!??

Haha, thanks Adam. Hopefully my 'green bottle' will come out as well as I'm hoping. I have just under 2weeks left so I'll post it up once it's complete.

Loving your work man. Your flash character walk cycle came out real nice. Keep it up! [I'm following.]